Saturday, December 4, 2010

The Caravan - A Narrative Journalism magazine

Journalism is something which we all read in varying degrees in our everyday lives.

Newspapers and magazines constitute a bulk part of it, although the internet has a substantial share these days.

Off late, I have come across a phenomenal magazine. The magazine is in the genre of narrative journalism.





In a short time of about a year, the magazine has carved a niche for itself.

It includes extensive articles about politics, social and cultural points of our society, etc.

It also includes a fiction story in every issue which is my favourite.

To my knowledge, I don’t think there is any magazine in India which caters to this specific genre of narrative journalism which is so well developed in the west.

The contributors to this magazine include Vinod K. Jose, Kajal Basu, Salil Tripathi, etc

The caravan is a monthly magazine and has become a must read for me.

I hope that it becomes a world wide success.

No comments:

Post a Comment